Long, live-edge, yew-wood charcuterie board with a unique integral handle
- Tray measures 4-6" wide x 26" long x ¾" thick x 4" high at the handle.
- Handle was formed from and follows the angle of a branch as it grew off the trunk; it curves upward to help pick up and pass the tray, and to give the piece an artful touch.
- Each end of the tray has an indentation on the bottom where you can insert fingers and easily pick up the tray from a flat surface.
- Any natural stress cracks/checks or holes from insects or soft bark inclusions have been cleaned out and filled with black epoxy resin or green malachite impregnated epoxy to improve stability and to prevent food particles from lodging there.
- It was finished with 3 coats of in-the-wood, food-safe polymerized tung nut oil and is silky smooth.
- The original yew tree was reclaimed from a local construction site in Needham, MA.