Live-edge, yew charcuterie board
- Tray measures 15" long x 6.75" wide x 0.8" thick.
- A finger pocket is carved out of the bottom of each end (see photos) to make it easier to pick up from a flat surface.
- Much of the bark is retained and is firmly attached; any small crevices in the bark are filled and sealed with black epoxy resin.
- Any natural stress cracks/checks or holes from insects or soft bark inclusions have been cleaned out and filled with black epoxy resin to improve stability and to prevent food particles from lodging there.
- The board is finished with 3 coats of in-the-wood, food-safe polymerized tung oil and is silky smooth.
- The wood comes from a yew tree reclaimed from a local construction site in the Needham, MA, area.