Live-edge, pear wood charcuterie board handcrafted with a unique, integral handle
- Tray measures 4” wide x 28” long x 3” high (at the handle).
- Handle was formed from and follows the angle of a branch as it grew off the trunk; it helps pick up and pass the tray, and gives the piece an artful touch.
- Most of the bark is retained and is securely attached. The crevices in the bark are sealed with epoxy resin.
- Each end of the tray has an indentation on the bottom where you can insert fingers so you can more easily pick up the tray from flat surfaces.
- Any natural stress cracks/checks, holes from insects or soft bark inclusions have been cleaned out and filled with black epoxy resin to prevent food particles from lodging there and to improve stability.
Finished with 3 coats of in-the-wood, food-safe polymerised tung nut oil and is silky smooth.
- The Bradford pear tree was reclaimed from a local construction site in Needham, MA.