Medium size, live-edge, yew-wood charcuterie board with a unique integral handle
- Tray measures 15½" long x 9" wide x ¾" thick x 4" high at the handle.
- Handle was formed from and follows the angle of a root or branch as it grew off the root-ball; it makes it easy to pick up and pass the tray, and it gives the piece an artful touch.
- Any natural stress cracks/checks or holes from insects or soft bark inclusions have been cleaned out and filled with black epoxy resin to improve stability and to prevent food particles from lodging there. Larger voids were filled with wine-colored epoxy using mica powders.
- Below the handle and under the opposite end of the tray, finger pockets have been carved so you can readily pick up the tray with both hands from a flat surface.
- This tray has a lot of securely attached bark on one side.
- It was finished with 3 coats of in-the-wood, food-safe polymerized tung nut oil and is silky smooth.
- The original yew shrub was reclaimed from a local construction site Needham, MA, area.