Large, live-edge, yew charcuterie board with a unique integral handle
- Tray measures 22" long x 5" wide x ⅞" thick x 3½" high (at the handle).
- The handle was formed from and follows the angle of a branch that grew off the trunk; it helps to pick up and pass the tray and gives the board an artful touch.
- In addition to the handle, each end of the board has a finger pocket carved out of the bottom (see photos) to make it easy to pick up the tray from a flat surface.
- The bark is retained on both sides (and a bit on the handle) and is firmly attached; any small crevices in the bark are filled and sealed with black epoxy resin.
- All natural stress cracks/checks or holes from insects or soft bark inclusions have been cleaned out and filled with black epoxy resin to improve stability and to prevent food particles from lodging there.
- The board is finished with 3 coats of in-the-wood, food-safe polymerized tung oil and is silky smooth.
- The wood comes from a dead yew tree in the Needham, MA, area.
Follow these care instructions