Long, live-edge, yew-wood charcuterie tray with a unique integral handle
- Tray measures 4-5" wide x 25.5" long x ¾" thick x 4¾" high at the handle.
- Handle was formed from and follows the angle of a branch as it grew off the trunk; it makes a gentle upward curve that gives the tray an artful touch and it helps pick up and pass the tray. Under the other end there is a finger pocket which also provides for easy pick up from flat surfaces.
- In addition to the handle, each end of the board has a finger pocket carved out of the bottom (see photos) to make it easy to pick up the tray from a flat surface.
- Bark is fully retained and firmly attached on one side of this board and on about half of the other side; any small crevices in the bark are filled and sealed with black epoxy resin.
- Any natural stress cracks/checks or holes from insects or soft bark inclusions have been cleaned out and filled with black epoxy resin to improve stability and to prevent food particles from lodging there.
- The board is finished with 3 coats of in-the-wood, food-safe polymerized tung oil and is silky smooth.
- The wood comes from a yew shrub reclaimed from a local construction site in Needham, MA.