Live-edge, medium, sycamore-wood charcuterie tray handcrafted with a unique, integral handle
- Tray measures 7” wide x 17.5” long x ¾” thick x 3¼” high (at the handle).
- Handle was formed from and follows the angle of a branch as it grew off the trunk; it curves upward to help pick up and pass the tray, and gives the piece an artful touch.
- The small amount of retained bark is securely attached and crevices in bark sealed with epoxy resin.
- Each end of the tray has a finger pocket on the bottom where you can insert fingers to more easily pick the tray up from flat surfaces.
- Any natural stress cracks/checks or holes from insects or soft bark inclusions have been cleaned out and filled with black epoxy resin to improve stability and to prevent food particles from lodging there.
- Finished with 3 coats of in-the-wood, food-safe polymerised tung oil and is silky smooth.
- Tree was reclaimed from a local construction site in Brookline, MA.