Live-edge, large, cherry-wood charcuterie board with a unique integral handle
- Measures 5" wide x 28” long x 2” high (at the handle).
- Handle was formed from and follows the angle of a branch as it grew off the trunk; it curves upward to help pick up and pass the tray, and it gives the piece an artful touch.
- Hardly any bark was present on this log; the live edges show the surface just under the bark.
- All natural stress cracks/checks or holes from insects or soft bark inclusions have been cleaned out and filled with black epoxy resin to improve stability and to prevent food particles from lodging there.
- Finished with 3 coats of in-the-wood, food-safe polymerised tung oil and is silky smooth.
- The wood came from a downed wild black-cherry tree in the area of Needham, MA.