Live-edge, large, beech-wood charcuterie tray with a unique, integral handle
- Tray measures about 11” wide x 16” long x ¾” thick x 4" high at the handle.
- Handle was formed from and follows the angle of a branch as it grew off the trunk; it curves upward to help pick up and pass the tray, giving the piece an artful touch.
- Each end of the tray has an indentation on the bottom where you can insert fingers to more easily pick the tray up from flat surfaces.
- Note that the tray was taken from a crotch section of the log and this yields a great grain pattern down the centre of the piece where the two branches meet.
- Bark could not be retained on this piece but the undulations of the live-edge are visible.
Any natural stress cracks/checks or holes from insects or soft bark inclusions have been cleaned out and filled with black epoxy resin to improve stability and to prevent food particles from lodging there.
- Finished with 3 coats of in-the-wood, food-safe polymerised tung oil and is silky smooth.
Beech tree was reclaimed from a local construction site on Brookliine, MA.
Follow these care instructions