Large sized, live-edge, yew-wood charcuterie tray with a unique integral handle
- Tray measures 6-15" wide x 17" long x ⅝" thick x 3" high at the handle.
- Handle was formed from and follows the angle of a branch as it grew off the root-ball; it curves upward to help pick up and pass the tray, and to give the piece an artful touch.
- Any natural stress cracks/checks or holes from insects or soft bark inclusions have been cleaned out and filled with black epoxy resin to improve stability and to prevent food particles from lodging there. Larger voids are filled with clear, see-through epoxy.
- It was finished with 3 coats of in-the-wood, food-safe polymerized tung nut oil and is silky smooth.
- The original yew shrub was reclaimed from a local construction site in Brighton, MA.