Live-edge, large, Japanese maple charcuterie board with juice grove
- Tray measures about 16” in diameter and is ¾” thick.
- A juice groove surrounds the whole tray (see photos).
- Under the edge of each protrusion a finger pocket is carved out (see photos) so that it is easy to pick up the board from any angle.
- All natural stress cracks/checks or holes from insects or soft bark inclusions have been cleaned out and filled with black epoxy resin to improve stability and to prevent food particles from lodging there.
- Finished with 3 coats of in-the-wood, food-safe polymerised tung oil and is silky smooth.
- The wood came from a downed Japanese maple tree in Newton, MA.