Small sized, live-edge, yew-wood charcuterie tray with a unique integral handle
- Tray measures 7-8" wide x 12" long x about ⅞" thick x 4½" high at the handle.
- Handle was formed from and follows the angle of a branch as it grew off the trunk; it curves upward to help pick up and pass the tray, and to give the piece an artful touch.
- Each end of the tray has an indentation on the bottom where you can insert fingers and easily pick up the tray from a flat surface.
- This tray has much securely attached bark.
- Any natural stress cracks/checks or holes from insects or soft bark inclusions have been cleaned out and filled with black epoxy resin to improve stability and to prevent food particles from lodging there.
- It was finished with 3 coats of in-the-wood, food-safe polymerized tung nut oil and is silky smooth.
- The purple swirls on the top and bottom around the handle are all natural colorations in the wood.
- The original yew shrub was reclaimed from a local construction site in Needham, MA.