Large, live-edge, yew-wood charcuterie board with a unique integral handle
- Tray measures 10" wide x 17.5" long x ¾" thick x 3¾" high at the handle.
- Handle was formed from and follows the angle of a branch as it grew off the root-ball; it curves upward to help pick up and pass the tray, and it gives the piece an artful touch.
- Any natural stress cracks/checks or holes from insects or soft bark inclusions have been cleaned out and filled with black epoxy resin to improve stability and to prevent food particles from lodging there. Larger voids are filled with wine-colored epoxy.
- Below the handle and under the opposite end of the tray a finger pocket has been carved so you can more easily pick up the tray from a flat surface.
- This tray has a lot of securely attached bark.
- It was finished with 3 coats of in-the-wood, food-safe polymerized tung nut oil and is silky smooth.
- The original yew shrub was reclaimed from a local construction site Needham, MA, area.