Live-edge, small, pear wood charcuterie tray handcrafted with a unique, integral handle
- Tray measures 5” wide x 14” long x 1” thick x 2” high (at the handle).
- Handle was formed from and follows the angle of a branch as it grew off the trunk; it curves upward to help pick up and pass the tray, and gives the piece an artful touch.
- Most of the bark is retained and is securely attached. The crevices in the bark are sealed with epoxy resin.
- Each end of the tray has an indentation on the bottom where you can insert fingers to more easily pick the tray up from flat surfaces.
- Any natural stress cracks/checks or holes from insects or soft bark inclusions have been cleaned out and filled with black epoxy resin to improve stability and to prevent food particles from lodging there.
Finished with 3 coats of in-the-wood, food-safe polymerised tung nut oil and is silky smooth.
- The Bradford pear tree was reclaimed from a local construction site in Needham, MA.