Live-edge, large, dogwood charcuterie tray handcrafted with a unique integral handle
- Tray measures 10” wide x 21” long x 1” thick x 5” high (at the handle).
- Handle was formed from and follows the angle of a branch as it grew off the trunk; it curves upward to help pick up and pass the tray, giving the piece an artful touch.
- Tray was carved from a branching trunk of dogwood and the space/hole between two of the branches filled with clear, see-through epoxy resin.
- Retained bark is securely attached and crevices in bark sealed with epoxy resin.
- Each end of the tray has an indentation on the bottom where you can insert fingers to more easily pick the tray up from flat surfaces.
- Any natural stress cracks/checks or holes from insects or soft bark inclusions have been cleaned out and filled with black epoxy resin to improve stability and to prevent food particles from lodging there.
- Finished with 3 coats of in-the-wood, food-safe polymerised tung nut oil and is silky smooth.
- Tree was reclaimed from a local construction site in Needham, MA.