Live-edge, medium-size, beech-wood charcuterie tray with a unique, integral handle
- Tray measures 14” long x 11” wide x ¾” thick x 4" high (at the handle).
- Handle was formed from and follows the angle of a branch as it grew off the trunk; it curves upward to help pick up and pass the tray, and gives the piece an artful touch.
- Each end of the tray has an indentation carved out of the bottom where you can insert fingers to more easily pick the tray up from flat surfaces (see photos).
- Bark could not be retained on this sample but the undulations of the live-edge are visible.
- Any natural stress cracks/checks or holes from insects or soft bark inclusions have been cleaned out and filled with black epoxy resin to improve stability and to prevent food particles from lodging there.
- Finished with 3 coats of in-the-wood, food-safe polymerised tung oil and is silky smooth.
- Beech tree was reclaimed from a local construction site in Brookline, MA.