Live-edge, large, beech-wood charcuterie tray with a unique, integral handle
- Tray measures 11” wide x 12” long x ⅞” thick x 4" high at the handle.
- Unique handle was formed from and follows the angle of a branch as it
- Handle was formed from and follows the angle of a branch as it grew off the trunk; it curves upward to help pick up and pass the tray, giving the piece an artful touch.
- Each end of the tray has an indentation on the bottom where you can insert fingers to more easily pick the tray up from flat surfaces.
- Bark could not be retained on this piece but the undulations of the live-edge are visible.
- Any natural stress cracks/checks or holes from insects or soft bark inclusions have been cleaned out and filled with black epoxy resin to improve stability and to prevent food particles from lodging there.
Finished with 3 coats of in-the-wood, food-safe polymerised tung oil and is silky smooth.
- Note the ripple grain pattern and some spalting.
- Beech tree was reclaimed from a local construction site in Needham, MA.