Apple-wood, live-edge, small, charcuterie board handcrafted with a unique integral handle
- Measures 17" long x 7" wide x ⅝" thick x 2½" high (at the handle).
- Handle was formed from and follows the angle of a branch as it grew off the trunk; it curves upward to help pick up and pass the tray, giving the piece an artful touch.
- This tray has much retained bark and crevices in bark are sealed with epoxy resin
- Opposite the handle on the bottom a finger pocket was carved so the tray can be easily picked up from flat surfaces (see photos).
- Any natural stress cracks/checks or holes from insects or soft bark inclusions have been cleaned out and filled with black epoxy resin to improve stability and to prevent food particles from lodging there.
- Finished with 3 coats of in-the-wood, food-safe polymerized tung oil and is silky smooth.
- Decorative apple tree wood was reclaimed from a local construction site in Needham, MA.