Live-edge, large, apple-wood charcuterie tray with a unique, integral handle
- Tray measures 5½" wide x 20" long x ¾" thick x 4½" high at the handle.
- Handle was formed from and follows the angle of a branch as it grew off the trunk; it curves upward to help pick up and pass the tray, giving the piece an artful touch.
- Each end of the tray has an indentation on the bottom where you can insert fingers to more easily pick the tray up from flat surfaces.
- This tray has much retained bark and this is securely attached.
- Any natural stress cracks/checks or holes from insects or soft bark inclusions have been cleaned out and filled with black epoxy resin to improve stability and to prevent food particles from lodging there.
Finished with 3 coats of in-the-wood, food-safe polymerized tung oil and is silky smooth.
Decorative apple tree wood was reclaimed from a local construction site in Needham, MA.